Monday, July 05, 2010

Slice of Life # 6~ Storms

Storms, this was slice of life's prompt from last week, and I just got around to posting about it.

I do remember some storms being really bad, some really good lighting storms, even storms that tore out trees in our yard, but none of them were memorable.

When we lived in Wisconsin we had a lot of tornado warnings, and when my parents came to visit during the Summer of 2007 we were woke up by the sirens and all went to the basement.  My parents bought us a weather radio/tv so that when the power was out we could still get updates and such.  This thing had a warning on it so if a weather alert was issued it would go off to warn us sometimes before the county warnings went off.  But we were never in a tornado, just close to some.

Since storms can be natural disasters, I think the natural disaster I can remember the most was almost 11 years ago while I was on a mission for my church in Southern California.  I was sleeping on the top bunk and all of a sudden my bed was shacking.  I woke up looked at my companion below me think she was shacking the bed, and then I realized it was an earthquake told my companion it was an earthquake and rolled over and went back to sleep.  Not very bright, but it the center point was in the middle of the desert about 50 miles away and there was no damage.  I heard from other missionaries later, how they were really scared and stuff.  But now I can say I have been in an earthquake.

Well until next week.  I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

Your reaction to that earthquake is hilarious! I would have been standing in the door frame, waiting for aftershocks. LOL!