Sunday, July 04, 2010

Slice of life #7: Fireworks

                    HAVEN

This weeks slice of life entry is about fireworks.

Growing up I remember doing fireworks in front of our house or grandma and grandpa's house, and having fun.  I can remember going some place to watch fireworks only a few times.  I did go to Stadium of Fire once about 17 years ago and I remember it being fun.  I also remember sitting on the roof of our home in Pleasant Grove watching some of the Stadium of Fire fire works, but also watching the American Fork and Lehi fireworks.

Yesterday Dan and I got a babysitter and we went to the 2010 Stadium of Fire which was the 30th anniversary of doing the fireworks at Brigham Young University football stadium.  We got to here the Brown 5, Jenny Oaks Baker, Osmond 2nd Generations and Carrie Underwood.  I was talking with my sister last night as we walked back to our car to head home and we both remembered seeing the Osmond 2nd Generation perform the last time we went to the Stadium of fire.  Last night  was also the largest Eagle Scout Court of Honor held were 260 young men received their Eagle Scout award.  They even had a Life Scout shoot a flaming arrow to light the Freedom torch.  My father helped design the the flaming arrow and how it was to be shot.  The fireworks were great, but they did have one of the shooters malfunction and it shot into some of the crowd and there were some people burned, but since this was a big event of course there was medical personal  on hand to help.  I told Dan that I would like to take our kids to see this in the near future, give them a few years so they will enjoy all the loud noise, because were we sat we were right by a lot of the fireworks being shot off.  But it was great!

I Hope all of you had a great holiday weekend!   
Until Next time!

2 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

The flaming arrow sounds really cool! I've never seen anything like that - good thing the medical staff was there to handle it. Thanks for sharing! :)

FranE said...

Sounds like great 4th of July celebration. How awesome it was your dad who designed the flaming arrow. Thanks for sharing your story.