Sunday, June 13, 2010

Slice of Life #4: Reunions

I have gone to so many family Reunions  over the years, that they seem to be a blur, but I am really looking forward to the Leo & Emily Dillon Family Reunion in Sept, as I haven't gone in many years, and this is the first time I get to show off my husband since he seems to have missed out on all the family reunions since I married him.  I wonder if they will do the welcome to the family skit with him as I remember seeing done to all my cousins spouses growing up.

But one reunion that I had happen a few months ago was we just moved back to Salt Lake City and I went to church for the first time, and it was a baby blessing that day so there was visitors there.  I go into the mother's lounge with one of the twins who I was still nursing at the time and there is one of my mission companions.  Sister Corrie Sorensen.  She was my 2nd companion on my mission, and I served Spanish with her for 6 weeks (I was called English).  I hadn't seen her in 5 years, but we had just become friends on Facebook a few months before. We now live in the same ward, and it has been great!

2 comments:

FranE said...

How wonderful to have a big family reunion.
It is really nice when we see old friends we have lost touch with.

Pirate Princess said...

That's so cool you got to see her like that before you became "neighbors"! There are a few friends I can think of that I wish that would happen to me! :D