Wednesday, December 21, 2005

While our faith doesn't do christenings, we do give priesthood blessings to our precious little children. As the father, I had the privilege and opportunity to do this for little Dillon the second weekend of December. So, a couple weeks later, I finally post some pics taken while his grandparents had all gathered around to adore their new grandchild.

Dillon is the third grandson, and fourth grandchild on both sides. This picture is his Grandma and Grandpa Burke. My dad was letting everyone else hold the baby most of the time.

Because Dillon was born with very little hair on the top of his but plenty of hair around the sides, we got to hear a little bit about my own early hair. It seems that I was born the same way. My dad was in the air force at the time, and my hair on the sides was the source of some teasing about his hippy son. So, my dad gave me my first haircut at three weeks old.

It is barely over a month, and Dillon hasn't had his hair cut yet. I couldn't help think though, that Dillon is starting life with a bald look similar to what his dad may be slowly developing. The difference is that he's filling in his bald spot with fresh hair growth. Posted by Picasa

No comments: