Wednesday, December 21, 2005

From left to right on this picture, we have Annette, myself, Grandpa Jack, Dillon (in grandpa's arm), and Grandma. Jack Dillon is a professional scouter, so it's a little interesting that he had only daughters. Where things a good twist is his married daughters. So far, every one of the three daughters he has married thus far has had a boy as their first child.

In quite a contrast to my own father, I am told that Jack went straight to the baby at the airport when my wife and sister picked them up. He really enjoyed holding his grandson.

Annette told me early on that she wanted a boy as her first child. Apparently, she had thought it would've been nice to have an older brother. With this thought, she wanted her own children to have just that. Dillon fulfills that wish, although we would've been happy no matter what.

The people who participated in the circle for Dillon's blessing were Jack Dillon, John Burke, Brian Burke (my brother), Bishop Squire, and myself. The blessing was a rather simple one.

I can only wonder if what my wife saw as she sat in the congregation was the same as she had envisioned when we still just dating. It was something she had told me about back then. When someone was blessing their child in church, she had a vision of me up there holding our child. That was several months before I proposed to her, so the comment obviously didn't scare me off. So, over a year later, perhaps not quite as envisioned, she got to see that come true. Posted by Picasa

No comments: