Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Having fun with projects

We have been busy with a few projects in our home.  They make me happy and I am loving how our home is coming together and is more and more what we want. Here are some of what we have done.



Our kitchen  windows face the West so we get the heat in there in the late afternoons.  We finally got a ceiling fan in the dinning area of the kitchen.  I never thought I would be so excited, but it feels so good with it going, as right now the a/c is not working.  Thanks Dan for getting it in for us!


This is the before picture of our room above the garage.  That we have turned into a office/craft room/guest room

This is Dan taking apart the bottom shelf.  It was a wall built and hung on the wall.  It was too high to be a desk so we took it out carefully so that we could reuse some of the wood.  Glad we had bought a shop vac, as it helped clean up all the sheet rock nicely!


Here is the office with the desks the table for crafts (sorry about the mess.  I have been working on a project for girls camp that is in 2 weeks)

These are some of the cubby shelves that Dan made from the wood he took down from the long shelf.   It has really helped get things put away and use the space more efficiently.

What fun we have had.  It has been good for us!



2 comments:

Eliza said...

Awesome! I'm so happy you are enjoying your new home!

Nettypg said...

it is fun, I had some friends from my last area come out to visit me this last week (we moved 45 min away) and it was fun showing them our home as we have always lived in apartments. It is nice to live some where that we can make our own changes and feel the pride in the work we do!