Saturday, September 17, 2011

Slice of Life # 69 ~ Following Directions

At some point we all have to follow directions if we want to get to were we are going.  In school we follow directions in obeying the teacher and doing our homework.  In life we have to do the same thing at work and such.

Also we give directions to people to help them find places they want to go, and hopefully we don't get them lost.

I am one of those people that likes to plan and then get there with time to spear.  Yesterday Texasblu called and needed directions to my house as they were needing to come and drop off a few things for me to work on for them, before they got here I printed them directions to their next destination from my home, the Zoo.  I thought since they were not as familiar with my area that they might appreciate it.   Today, I left to go shopping with my sister at a mall I had never been to 40 min from my home.  I decided to leave early so that if I screwed up the directions (which I have done before) I would still have time to get there.  I had no problem finding it and was there 30 min early!  I had fun with my sister and her family and left them to stand in line to meet Jimmer Ferdette (a basketball player).

I love reading the scriptures.  Both Bible and Book of Mormon.  I feel that it gives me direction in my life as I strive to become more Christ Like.

I hope that we can all learn to follow directions so that we can all make it to were we want to go, wither it be in our work, family, vacation, or in our spiritual lives.  It is important to follow directions even if we don't want to.

Until next time!
Netty

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Lovely post!

The Bible is full of directions! It is interesting to read other's takes on this prompt because I would not have thought to talk about following directions in my spiritual life.

I am just like you-- I always plan, print maps and I am always "runnning early" when I go places.

Hugs,
Elizabeth-

Pirate Princess said...

We did appreciate the directions! (We still got lost, but that was because he wasn't listening to me - haha!)

Thanks so much - it was great to see you and I can't wait til you stop by on your way to see Nathan and Marsha. :)

And I didn't think of the scriptures either. Good one!