Saturday, May 14, 2011

Slice of Life # 51 ~ How Does Your Garden Grow?

I have asked Dan to write this one, but he hasn't so far, but I do plan on having him write down what it was like to grow up on a 80 acer Hobby Farm and his mom had 1 acer garden in back, and a smaller garden in front like I grew up with in front.


I grew up with a garden.  I remember helping to till the ground, plant, weed and then harvest.  I seem to remember having broccoli soup when ever company came in the late summer.  I still like broccoli soup.  I think I should get the recipe from my mother!  I loved corn on the cob, tomatoes, peas, green beans, carrots, zucchini and pumpkin.  As I got older and Grandpa Dillon lived with us he would also have radishes too.

And now as I am raising a family of my own, I want to have a garden to plant and grow food.  Hopefully in the next few years we can do that.

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

Sounds lovely! I hope Dan takes the time to write his experiences down for you too - that would be a cool addition to your family history! :)