Thursday, March 31, 2011

Slice of Life # 45 ~ From Scratch

This weeks Slice of Life is From Scratch....mmmm when I think of from scratch, I think of homemade pumpkin pie, homemade ice cream, dress sewn for Easter, stockings made for Christmas, art drawn, quilts made, homemade pizza....many things come to mind.  Here is a collage of things made by me or members of my family that I had pictures of.

Oh, when I make waffles and pancakes, and some of my cakes I make from scratch not a pre-mix box.
Each of the outfits and blankets my children are wearing and laying on for their blessings was lovingly made for us by either Nana Dillon or Grandma Burke.  The quilt was done for my Grandpa and Grandma Dillon's 60th wedding anniversary, each child and grandchild got a square, and on the back is hand-prints/footprints of the great-grandchildren.  The stockings and Pooh animals were made my my sweet mother-in-law.  The tiny baby is me in an outfit that my mother made for me since I was so small, she used a doll dress pattern to make it.  The chocolate suckers I did for Valentine's day this year.  Dan did the drawing years ago, I just scanned it into the computer.  And a Car Seat cover I made.

I am sure we all have memories of things that have been made from scratch for us to eat, wear, or just enjoy.  I am glad I have these pictures at least so if something ever happens to the cloths, blankets and such at least I have these to remember them by!

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

That is so cool!! Love the addition of outfits and toys to go with the food. Great entry! :)