Sunday, January 16, 2011

Slice of Life # 34 ~ Pets

Over the years my family has had pets, but I can honsetly say that I am not a pet person!  But there were a few pets that I did like more then others.  I loved, Sandy, Bonnie, Buck,Gidget, and Moon Doggie.

We got Sandy as a puppy when I was 12 and we lived in Richfield, UT.  She was a golden Lab.  I enjoyed playing with her from time to time.  She was killed when she was hit by a car when I was 19 and living away at collage.

Bonnie, was my Aunt Patty Persian Cat that was given to us. We would shave her hair all off during the summer.  When we just as we were moving we realized that she wasn't around.  We think she might have been stolen, or ran away.


We Got Buck and Gidget about the same time.  Buck was a Alaskan Husky with beautiful blue eyes.  Grandpa Dillon would take him walking and it would be hard to tell who was walking who.  Gidget was a tea-cup poodle.  Black. I loved that little lap dog! Both of these great dogs have passed on due to old age.

Moon Doggie is a tea-cup/toy poodle mix was brought home to my parents home the weekend I got married,  He was to be Gidgets companion and hopefully we would have puppies, but Moon Doggie was too young and Gidget too old.  Moonie now lives in Washington with my grandparents.  He was used to bred a lab for Labradoodles.  He is enjoying a quite life.

As for me I told Dan that if we have an indoor dog it need to be a Labradoodle from my Aunt Hiedi or it was an outdoor dog.  I don't like the hair the dogs and cats leave around, but I can handle the fur from the Labradoodle.

This is written Slice of Life.  Please feel free to join us or read more.

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

That's how my sister and her husband feel. They're considering one of those dogs because she and her husband want a farm, but he doesn't like pets, so she's hoping this will help ease him into it. :)