Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Slice of Life #23 ~ Costumes

This weeks Slice of Life is Costumes.  I remember dressing up a lot as a  princess for Halloween while growing up.  Wearing some of my mom's old dresses from different times in her life and her tiara that she wore with her veil at her wedding, and that each of my sisters and I but one have worn as well.  I have been giving that tiara so I can pass it on to my daughters. 

In 2008 Dillon was a Pirate with his aunt Stephanie and Jennilyn was a bumble bee.  Dan was just a dad, and I was a very pregnant mother of twins.  The twins were born almost 3 months later.  I am sitting in the picture with my daughter on my lap so you can't tell that I was 6 months pregnant.  


The other pictures are from our night last night at the dinosaur museum Halloween party.  My husband had the camera and didn't take very many pictures.  I will take more on Halloween.
This year to save on money, I had bought some fairy wings at the dollar store and Irene has a dress with an easter theme, so she is going to be the Easter Fairy.  Ruth has one with a Halloween theme so she is the Halloween fairy.  Jennilyn will be wearing her Rosetta Fairy costume that she got for her birthday from Grandma and Grandpa Burke.  And Dillon is Captain Hook.    I think we will have fun this year.
I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween this year!

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

Oooo - I LOVE the scrapbooking pic! That added a cool touch. :) That's so cool that you get to pass down a tiara! My mother's stuff didn't make it!