Sunday, August 08, 2010

Slice of Life # 12 ~ Fire

This weeks Slice of Life is Fire.  I do enjoy a good campfire.  I also enjoy a good campfire program.  You see, I grew up the daughter of a professional Boy Scout.  So every summer until I was 12 my Dad was the Camp Director at different camps, but I remember him at Maple Dell in Payson, UT the most.  On Monday and Friday nights there was a campfire program that we would go to with him.  What great memories sitting on the hard benches sing songs and watching skits.

I am looking forward to going camping next month with my kids for the first time since I got married 6 years ago and letting them see the campfire and enjoy making smores with them.

Until next week.

3 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Wish it was cool enough here to do that. Soooo jealous ;)
I love those kind of memories

Pirate Princess said...

Oh that sounds lovely - I hope you have a grand time! =)

FranE said...

Camping, campfires, smores, you have me so hungry...but at 101 degrees down here, we will just dream.