Sunday, August 29, 2010

Slice of Life # 15~ School Daze

This weeks Slice of Life prompt is about school.  My oldest starts his 2nd year of Preschool tomorrow.  And the School District still hasn't called to tell me what time they are picking him up.  But that is not my story.  I have a memory that I am pretty proud of in high school.

I was a sophomore in high school and I was in a world history class.  I don't remember who my teacher was, but it was a male teacher.  We had a history torment for a mid-term review in prep for the mid term.  The class was divided into two groups and then we each took turns answering the questions.  I had studied hard, but I tend to forget things when I am under pressure and being put on the spot.  I made it to the 2nd round and then for the final round I was the last one left in my group.  I ended up beating the other team with the winning question being answered. For my prize I got an A on the mid term and I got to play hooky during class the next day while the class was taking the mid term.  I have always been pretty proud of the Title of History Queen that my teacher gave me.  And you held the title until the end of the school year.   Until next week!

Feel free to join us or read others at Slice of life.

2 comments:

FranE said...

History Queen is a great title. Little did you know you would be the historian for your family. ; )

Pirate Princess said...

Oh that is awesome!!!! Just goes to show we can do more than we think we can! =D