Sunday, August 22, 2010

Slice of Life # 14 ~ Snakes

I don't like snakes!  


But I do  have a story for snakes.  Two years ago we had been unemployed for 6 months and had to make the decision to move from Hudson, WI to Spokane, WA and move in with my in-laws as this was just months before the government extended the unemployment benefits and ours was running out.  We rented a big U-Hall for the move.  We made the trip with no incidents, but when we went to unload things out of the truck.  I noticed that there was a hole in our box spring that hadn't been there when we loaded it up.  But we didn't think anything about it until later that day when my sister-in-law Shawnda found a snake in the family room.  They grabbed a large garbage can and put over it.  It was just a garden snake.  They took it out to the garden and let it go.  That night my sister-in-law Stephanie was sleeping on the family room floor and she was attacked by a mouse that jumped every were.  This mouse was not a native to Spokane.  All we can figure is that some how the snake and the mouse got into our stuff and got moved into the house.  Since Stephanie wouldn't let her mom kill the thing it escaped and was never found again, but was heard in the walls from time to time.

If you want to read other stories on snakes or would like to share your snake story with us please join us here.

3 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine said...

I don't know what's worse. The mouse or the snake! I would never be able to think about sleeping on that mattress! lol! Great snake story :)

Cindy Price said...

Yikes, a mouse and a snake. I would be freaking out!!

Pirate Princess said...

Two in one day?? I'd have been SO outta there! *Double shiver*