Sunday, July 25, 2010

Slice of Life # 10: Friends

Friends!


I have 4  close friends who I have known since 1st and 2nd grade of elementary school.  We have all stayed in touch over the years even though we are all spread out.  Tawyna and I meet in 1st grade at Westmore Elementary.  She lived one block away from my grandparents so it was easy to go over to her house.  Andrea, Elizabeth and Jennie I meet in 2nd grade at Vineyard Elementary.  Between the years of elementary, Jr. High and High School we did things together from time to time, but mostly just ate lunch together and go to some of the school dances, or HS sports together.  But these friends have been there for me.  They never judged me for being hearing impaired and they always seemed to truly care about me.  I have always tried to stop and visit with them when I have lived out of state and have come home.  Now that I am back, I have seen a few of them a couple of times.  And now that some of them live in places that I want to visit, I am going to go see them (when money allows it to happen).  It is so nice to know that you have a few friends that you can lean on.  I keep in touch with most of these friends on Facebook now as we are spreed out from Texas to California, but it sure has been nice to see each one of these friends again this summer.  I know we each of had challenges over the last 15 years since we graduated High School: Dating, marriage, divorce, death of loved ones and children, moves, school, and jobs and many more.  But it is nice to know that there are friends who you can call and visit when you need to.

Thanks Guys for being my Best Friends Forever!  I love you guys and I pray that we can all continue to keep in touch as time goes on!  I think we have done a pretty good job so far!

P.S. The picture is Jennie, Me, Elizabeth and Andrea ~Tawyna was away at school.

If you want to read more Slice of Life moments or join us in sharing your own Slice of Life go Here.

6 comments:

Kimbra said...

Such an awesome post! I checked your "sharing your own slice of life" and it looks neat, but I'm kind of a ditz & not sure how it works?

Kimbra said...

Oh PS do you every turn your blog into a book & if you do, what website do you use?

Little Miss Sunshine said...

How great to have friends that have been there from almost day one.

FranE said...

That is a special relationship. Sounds like the kind they make movies about. Enjoyed reading your post.

Pirate Princess said...

Kimbra, a lot of people use Lulu for turning their blogs into books. I haven't done it myself, but it's my understanding that they do all the work for you. Try goggling it. ;)

Annette - such a lovely post. Why am I not surprised you have kept such wonderful friends throughout the years? Shows what a gem you really are!

alina said...

Taking care of our teeth is probably one of the most important hygiene one must consider. Teeth are our primary and definitely important part of our oral cavity to break food down into pieces and they as well add beauty to our facehttps://kingsmedicalcenter.ae/departments/dentistry/