Monday, May 24, 2010

Slice of life #1~ The First

A friend of mine has started a blog about sharing a slice about ourselves our of our lives.  You can visit it here.

This week it is about our first something.  I was in a car accident almost 2 weeks ago and I have been thinking about my first car accident 15 1/2 years ago when I was 16.  In that accident my grandfather's car that I had been driving was totaled and I was lucky that I had been wearing my seatbelt or I would have been threw the windshield.  I ended up in a ditch after spinning several times because someone clipped my rear bumper as they tried to cross the road after I had gone by.  My accident this time was not so bad.  Just a hole in my tailgate of my van and some damage to my bumper.  I was rear-ended at a stop sign by a 16 year old and this was his first accident.  I am glad that he didn't have to have his first accident be one with a lot of damage like mine was.  I was so nervous to drive again after the accident almost 16 years ago, this time I was fine just shook up a little.  I am  glad all is well.

No comments: