Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day.  And I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mom to 4 sweet little kids.  For Mother's Day I celebrated yesterday for the most part.  I went to lunch with a long time friend and then I went to Costco in Lehi and I bought a new cookbook about preparing meals and freezing them two weeks in advance.  I had gone to school with the author so it was great to see her again after so long. And then one of my favorite artist was at Costco too, Greg Olsen.  I bought a new picture of Christ knocking at the door that I had never seen before and he signed it for me, now I just have to get a frame for it.  Then I came home and spent the rest of the day with Dan and the kids.

Today, we went to church and we stayed for the whole thing.  This is saying something.  You see we have sacrament meeting last and so by that time the twins are ready for naps, but won't sleep in our arms so we usually leave right after the sacrament is passed.  Today the kids did fairly well threw the whole meeting.  I really enjoyed our Sacrament meeting today.  The songs were wonderful and then instead of a flower they gave us a church DVD called On the Lord's errand about President Monson.  We are planning to watch it tomorrow for FHE.  It has been a good day!

I want to say thanks to my mom and to my mother-in law for the love and support they have given Dan and I over the years.  Thank You and I hope you both have a great Mother's Day!

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Jenny Stanger said...

It was so fun to see you and catch up yesterday at Costco. Thank you for coming to see me. I wish I had taken a picture of us together! I'm so happy you were able to have Greg Olsen sign one of your pictures. That is just incredible. I felt honored to be in the same building as him. Happy Mothers Day, and I hope you have a great week.

Pirate Princess said...

Ooo lucky you! A signed picture by Greg Olsen - how fantastic is that??? :D

Being a Mom of four boys only two years apart, I completely understand the excitement of making it through an entire day at church - Congrats, and Happy Mother's Day! ♥♥