Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One of my favorite Christmas Books

I have been following a blog for one of my favorite authors Anita Stansfield it is  http://unofficialanita.blogspot.com  They do different contest from time to time to allow some of us to bring into our collection some of the out of print books.  The challenge for this time is to post on our blog about the book A Christmas Melody .  I am now onto my second copy of this book, my mother gave me the first one many years ago when it first came out ( a friend gave me the second one a few years later, and I just held onto it), and I have read it many times.  It reminds me that we can rise above the challenages that we were born into and make a different in our lives.  As I think about it Melody(one of the main charactors) rises above an abuseive home and background as she strives to live the gospel with her "Warrior Angels" there to protect her.  I was raised in a very loving home and am so greatful to my parents for the love and surrport they have giving me through the years, but I think sometimes we have to rise above other challenges~physicall, emortional, mental, spritial~ and they can be just as hard as the lifestyle challenges.  For me I have had the physical challenge of being hearing imparied, which has brought on it's own challenges with no friends at times, feeling left out of everything, being the one that people joked about.  At times I went to church because I knew that was were I was surposse to be.  And because of that I found the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I had a desire to serve a mission and share that love.  I will never forget the experiances that I had on my mission in San Bernardino, CA.  It has been 10 years since I left and it seems hard to belive that it has been that long.  But I wouldn't trade my knowlege of the Atonement and the peace and comfort it has brought in my life for anything.  I am grateful for my family and friends who have been there to surrport me through the years and have become my very best friends as well as the Savior.  Thanks Anita for writing a great book.  I have enjoyed your books for quite a long time.
Until Next Time...

No comments: