Monday, March 16, 2009

Three questions about me

This last week I went to the Ralief Society Birthday party dinner. Our them was "Wok" with Friends." We had a Chines cooking demonstration and then had chines food for dinner. At our tables they had a takeout box filled questions and we were to take three of them and then read them out loud and answer the questions to the others at the table so that they could get to know you, well what would you know, the tables all filled up quickly and I was left setting by myself with Nova(mother in law) and the twins, so I didn't answer the questions to anyone. The RS President and a councilor sat down with us later, but I still didn't answer them, so I thought I would answer them on my blog.

1- Would you rather live in the country or the city and tell why? I would rather live in between. I like the country being spread out and not on top of my neighbors, but I like living in they city to be close to everything to go and do.

2-What is the best memory of your mother? Your father? The best memory of my parents are that they have been there for me when ever I have needed them. My mom made dresses for Easter and dances and such. My dad taught me how to drive and has always been a shoulder to cry on when I have needed it. It was great to have my mom in the operating room with me when I had the twins. Dan didn't want to be in the room, so my mom was able to be there. It was great to have her there.

3- What is the best memory of your grandmother? Your grandfather? It is hard for me to think of a best memory, but Grandma and Grandpa Dillon were always the ones that lived the closest and we had the opportunity to live with them. I think just the fact that I had the chance to be close to them and have them see me go on a mission. They both died while I was on my mission so the last time I saw them was almost 10 years go when I left for the mission field Sept 1, 1999. I have felt them close to me the last few months as I have had twins and feel a little overwhelmed at times. Grandma and Grandpa Alcorn have been great. I am enjoying living somewhat close to them ( 3 hours). But they have been the help I have needed more recently. I am grateful for their help and love and support. The thing I remember about Grandpa is him being a Bishop and working as a boarder patrol officer, and him coming and going to work. Grandma I remember having quite time at 10am and 2pm everyday of the summer. The little ones took naps and us older ones, had to either lie down, or read a book or even write letters.

So these were my questions and I feel better at least trying to share some memories or thoughts about some of the people that are dearest to me.

No comments: