Saturday, July 29, 2006

It has been about a month since the last entry into this blog. As you can see here, we've started introducing Dillon to books. He likes to stick them in his mouth of course. We really ought to thank whoever started the children's cardboard books. They stand up to his taste testing much better than our church magazines that he has sampled too. I have been reading the stories as I flip the pages in hopes that eventually he might make the connection that there is more there than just different pictures on the different pages.

It was entertaining this morning when we shared our pancake breakfast with Dillon. I ran out of pancakes on my plate and Dillon started screaming because he wasn't getting his steady supply of pancake. Fortunately, we had some more. He just didn't understand that dad wasn't abandoning him to pancake oblivion. I was restocking. Dillon enjoyed it.

Later, as my wife took a neighbor to work, I enjoyed some time watching Dillon as he slept. That is when he is real easy to watch. Cute. Quiet. Low maintaince. Just stay quiet enough not to wake him. Since he'll sleep through the washing machine and TV, it really is just a matter of not laughing mostly. He still wakes up easily when he hears laughter. At least, he seems to do so when I am around. It is cute to watch him wake up and look around like he's trying to find what he missed out on. Still, he needs his sleep or he ends up cranky. Now, if he would just learn that he will have time to explore the world after his nap too, and he'll enjoy it more without being cranky. Dillon puts a real struggle sometimes about going to sleep. It's as if he has to experience and see more yet before he sleep steals him away.

Well, my wife and I stayed up late last night. I am staying with her over at the neighbors' as she babysits their little boy. Posted by Picasa

No comments: