Monday, June 03, 2013

Something Special


Today I took the kids to the park for lunch.  Dillon went over to the basket ball court and sat on the bench and watched some teenagers play.  Next thing I know they invited him to play with them.  He has no skills playing basketball and does not even know the rules.  He played with them and had a great time!  I thanked the young men for letting him play with them before we left and they told me no problem.  One of them asked what Dillon's name was and called him by name and told him he did a great job!

This made me so proud of the wonderful young people who live in my neighborhood who took the time to let a 7  yr old play with them and teach him how to play.  I am so grateful that we were able to move into an area that has helped my kids and myself grow and learn!

Dillon had so  much fun today it is all he has talked about!  Thank You!

1 comment:

Aine said...

That's awesome. Someone is being raised right! :)