Monday, April 23, 2012

Sad Times

This weekend has been a long bittersweet weekend.  On Wed, my wonderful Aunt Sharon passed away after a long illness.  I am grateful for my knowledge of eternal families and that we will see her again.  She is also with her dear husband who passed away 15 years ago.

Today was the funeral, but because of what I will talk about next, I was busy with the Doctor today and was not able to go to the funeral, but I did go to viewing last night and saw many people I have not seen for awhile. It was good to see everyone.

On Friday Dan and I were excited.  We were 10 weeks pregnant and were going to our first Dr's appointment.  we had started to tell family and friends that we were expecting a new baby.  We get to the appointment and they can not find the baby in the uterus.   After a bunch of confusion we got me squeezed into the radiologist tech for a more advance ultrasound.  They did find the baby but not were it was suppose to be.  It was on the right side by my right ovary. ( For those who don't know 6 years ago this week I had a tubal rupture, after thinking that I had miscarried the week before. )  This fetus they found this time was in the same area, were I have no tube.

There was no life sign, and today the ruling came back as a Ectopic Pregnancy.  I had three options, full surgery (6 weeks recovery), a scope to remove it, or using a medicine called Methotrexate which is a radiation medication given through a shot  that devolves what is left of the fetus.

I decided to go with the Methotrexsate and I will have to go back in for blood work on Friday and again next Monday to make sure that it is working.  If it is not then we will have to do surgery.

It has been hard on both of us as we have been looking forward to adding our family for  awhile now.
But we will be ok, and I am at peace that we will add to our family one day.

Thank you to all the family and friends who have shown their love in person or vie Facebook, or email.  It has been wonderful to know that we have so many that love us and support us.

Thanks You and love you all!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh I am so sorry.

Syme Family News said...

Annette, I sure hope you heal quickly. I am sorry you have to go through this. Much love.
Janeen