Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Slice of Life # 48~ Coming Home

This picture is from the night before I flew home from my mission.
Sister Astle was my MTC Companion and so we also went home from the mission field together. Only, her mom flew in and they went and toured the mission, so I was by myself with the Office sister for that night.

A couple of days before we were to fly home I got a call from the mission office asking for a phone number to reach my dad at work as they had changed my flight. I was going to fly from Onterio, CA to LA to San Fransico and then home to SLC.

They decided just two days before I was to fly home that I was just going to fly from Onterio to LA and then to SLC. Which put me getting in at like 1030am rather then 230pm. I had a phone interview with my mission president as he was so busy with meetings that night that he couldn't do my temple recommond interview in person, so he did it over the phone. The Elders picked me up from the Office sisters apartment on Jan 31, 2001 at about 430am and took us to the airport. I then climbed onto the smallest plane I had ever been on to fly to LA. Of course my camara acted up and the last few picters I had taken with it didn't turn out.

When I got off the plane, there were my parents, sisters and several of my aunts and uncles as my cousin Matt was leaving for the mission field in Ivory Coast, Africa. So I got to see Matt and wish him luck and say hello to everyone else. Then my parents took me to eat and we then visited the brand new Conferance center and took a tour of it.

We made our way home to Pleasant Grove, UT and when I walked in the door there was the Christmas tree, that they had cut down freash and then left it up for me.  My Dad then invited me to go with him on a business trip the next day so that I wouldn't be stuck at home all by myself while everyone else had school and work.

And then my 2nd day home I spent the day taking down the tree while everyone else was at work and school. It seems hard to think that it has been 10 years since I came home from the mission field. But I am glad that I had the chance to serve a mission. It was hard, but well worth it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

How did I miss commenting on this one too? I know I read it! Geez!

Annette, you have been the most loyal to the slice of life meme. Thank you so much for being a part of it! I've enjoyed all your entries. :)

Funny how members at that stage start seeing family members come and go on missions like that! My boys are spaced just right that as two are coming off their missions two are leaving. :-O