Sunday, October 31, 2010

Slice of Life #24 ~ Communications

This weeks Slice of Life is Communications.  Join us here to read others or share your own Slice of Life.

Mmm, Communications I always hated talking on the phone while because of my hearing disability.  And never thought I would work telecommunications, but after my mission I got a job doing telecommunications and have done that almost ever since.  I also like talking on the cell phone better then the land line as for some reason I can hear better on it.

Tonight I realized that the cell phone was missing.  We only have one cell phone and it is our only phone for our home at this time.  We looked all over and went out to the car looking for it.  Dan had put the phone on vibrate as he walked into church today, so after looking all over we thought maybe it fell off at church.  about 9:30 pm tonight the door bell all of a sudden rang which surprised me as we had no trick or treaters tonight, I opened the door, as I was the only one up (since the kids and Dan are all in bed asleep) and there was a guy that I had never meet but knew that he was in the Bishopric for the Singles Ward and he handed me the cell phone.  He said that it was on the pulpit in the chapel.  Since we both spoke in church today, it could have fallen off his belt while he was sitting down behind the pulpit, or when he picked up the girls after we spoke in church maybe it fell off, we don't know, but I am so glad we got the phone back!

Thanks stranger for putting my mind at ease!

Until next week!

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

I think that is wonderful how you got your phone back! You were being looked after, for sure! Otherwise you might have had to wait until the next week, and you would have had to go without a phone, which could be a good thing, or maybe not. :D

Thanks for sharing about your job - I used to work for a phone polling place and had forgotten! That's the beauty of sharing - we can all jog each others memories! :)