Friday, September 10, 2010

Slice of life # 16~ Jobs

This weeks Slice of Life is Jobs.

I started working when I was 14.  Cleaning house for a neighbor.  And I have had many jobs sense then.

But I think the crazies time is when I worked 3 part time jobs the Summer of 1996.   The day after graduation I had to be to my first day on the job at 12 noon after being up all night with the High school graduation party.  I worked as a bagger at Smith's food and drug store.  Then I was hired at Madsen dry cleaner in Provo across the street from BYU, I was a shirt presser.  Then I worked doing secretarial work and house cleaning for my neighbor that I had started working for when I was 14.  I did this from May 30~ Oct 15 when I left for college in Phoenix, AZ.  That was one busy summer.  It seems like I was never home, because I was always at work.  But as a bagger, I got to help Marie Osmond out to the car with her groceries, and then in 1999 when I worked at Harmon's grocery story I got to check out Steve Young the football player.  I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had to work and help pay my way through school and my mission.  Now that I am a stay at home mom, I miss the friendship and change of pace that work gave me.  Now it seems all I do is take care of the house and kids and I never get to go out and meet new people.  But maybe in the future that will be an option again.

Until next time.
Come join us at Slice of Life and share your stories or histories.

2 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Wow - 3 at once!!! What a juggling act that would be. When I was at BYU, it was hard to find one job, let alone three!

That's so cool that you got to meet those people - and they're both extremely nice, esp. being celebrities.

And you'll be out and about again... and you'll be excited about changing grandkids diapers because you won't be having anymore of your own. That's where I'm at. ;)

FranE said...

you sound like a very industrious young lady. Good for you