Sunday, August 15, 2010

Slice of life # 13~ The Watering Hole!

Aunt Patty holding Wendy, Mom, Annette, Emily and Jaclyn


This weeks Slice of life is the watering hole.   MMM... As I thought about it I thought of this picture I had.  I was 4 years old in this picture.  My mom is taking my wet cloths off me.  We had gone to Southern California to visit my Great-Grandpa and Grandma Cronce who would spend the winter there.  We had gone to the beach, and apparently my sister and I got swept away by a wave.  And we got wet.  I vaguely remember this happing as I was only 4 years old.

But I think the thing I remember most was when I was 14 we went to California to go to Disneyland.  We spent a day at the beach and I fell asleep without sunscreen on.  I was in pain with 1st and 2nd degree sunburns.  We then went to Disneyland, and swimming in the pool helped take the sting out of the burn a little.  I also had to wear my swimming suit all under my cloths at Disneyland as I was so burnt on my back I couldn't wear my bra.  I have never done that again.  But when it got better I sure had the best tan of my life.  But I don't want to do that again just for a tan. : ~)

Until next week!

Now you can share with us your favorite Water Hole experience here.

4 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine said...

I and my kids had burns like that and we used sunscreen. Did you get to ENJOY your vacation? Or were you so focused on your burn pain that you didn't really?

Nettypg said...

Yes I did enjoy my vacation. By the time we got to Disneyland after using egg whites, aloe and some Tylenol I was able to enjoy the trip. It is the only time I have been to Disneyland. I am hoping to take my kids this next year.

FranE said...

Kids are so adaptable. Sounds like you are another beach enjoying person. I like walking it in the early evening.

Pirate Princess said...

lol - those are wonderful memories. My daughter put sunscreen on her face several times at girls camp and still got 2nd degree burns. They tried to convince her to come home but she refused. ;)

50 extra pts. for scanning in a pic - that's great! :D