Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's about time!

I think I am finally getting some success with potty training!

Yesterday, Dillon went on the potty both pee and poop and he only had one full accident while he was with the babysitter Janet and one that she got him on to the potty just as it was about to happen, so he was only just a tad wet.  She then put him into underwear again and he fell asleep on the couch were he was when we got home at almost 11pm. (The temple was the craziest I have ever seen it last night we had to wait over an hour just to get into a session, because of a Stake Temple night taking up 3 of the evening schedule's and the SLC Temple was close so you had a lot of extra's that way too but it was so worth going).  Dan moved Dillon and Jennilyn back to their beds in underwear and all.

At 7:50 this morning we had visitor's  in our room...As Dillon tried to climb up in bed with me I felt him and he felt completely dry!  I was in shock!  I then asked him he needed to go sit on the potty and he said yes, and ran to his little potty.  Sat down and went.  Also Jennilyn was completely dry too.  I had already decided to send Dillon to school on Monday in underwear with backups in case of an accident, so now I am really excited to do that as I feel that he is finally starting to realize when he needs to go and such!

This has been a long road, but I think by golly he is getting it!  My goal to have him potty trained by summer is looking like it will be a reality!  Yea, Dillon I am so proud of you!

4 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited to be in a diaper free zone - we had four of them in diapers 3-4 yrs ago, and now I'm at the end of the sea of poop, and it's awesome!

Your blog is so cute with all these adorable pictures! :)

Nettypg said...

Yea well I have 4 in diapers ages 1-4 it isn't easy!

Amy White said...

What an accomplishment! Way to stick with it even though it is tough. I can't believe the twins are already a year old. Crazy how fast time goes by.

Nettypg said...

Yes it is crazy how time flies. Dillon has only had one accident at school this week and a handful here at home. So we are still working on it, but I think we are getting it down.